BRAISED BEEF SHOULDER
My brother made this dish. I tried it and immediately thought it should be written down and shared because it was so good! So I’m going to keep this post simple. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbs ghee
- 3 beef shoulder pieces (pot roast works too)
- 1 whole carrot, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1.5 cups white wine (red wine works too)
- 1 cup warm water
- Put olive oil in pan & sear all sides of the beef shoulders. Place beef on p;ate & set aside.
- Medium high heat – using same oil, add ghee, carrots & onions. Saute until carrots & onions slightly brown.
- Add garlic, thyme, rosemary & saute until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add tomato paste & stir for a min or so.
- Add wine & bring to a boil until half liquid has evaporated.
- Add water & heat until simmering (should be pretty fast).
- Put beef in an oven pan & poor the liquid you just made on the stove onto the beef shoulder.
- Bake for approx 2 hours at 300-325 degrees.
How many of you can tell that this recipe wasn’t made by me?!? My bro is much better at keeping a recipe than I am. If it were my recipe, this post would have looked more like:
- Sear beef.
- Saute carrots, onions, garlic & spices with wine, water & tomato paste.
- Combine all in pan & bake for 2 hours.
Well, I hope you enjoy this dish. I had already eaten dinner, tried some of this and ate another dinner pretty much.
Sorry my photos are so bad. My iPhone is dying and until I switch my phone out, my food pics will look like they’re going through the Matrix.