I always cook something green for my annual work Thanksgiving potluck. I made garlic asparagus for a few years then garlic brussels sprouts last year. (I like garlic..) I wanted to make (garlic) brussies again this year but do em differently, so I shredded them = totally different dish.
I prepped everything the night before so that I could wake up early before work and just cook everything quickly.
- a million brussies
- 4-5 slices of (sugar-free) bacon
- hella garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- garlic pow
- black pepper
- sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- dice up yo bacon
- chop up yo garlic
- trim up yo brussies
- shred your brussies by slicing them more, or throw them in a food processor
- cook bacon on medium high until brown & crispy, remove from stove & place on paper towel to soak up fat
- cook chopped garlic in bacon grease
- add shredded brussies
- garlic pow the crap out of your brussies
- sprinkle black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- squeeze your half lemon
- add balsamic vinegar
- stir, but don’t stir too frequently so you get a nice crisp to your brussies
- i added a little ghee bc my bacon grease ran out
- after the brussies change to a different shade of green, add the bacon back in and mix
I got good reviews at work! Someone said the dish tasted a bit smokey (in a good way) and that’s from the sugar-free bacon I bought from US Wellness Meats. It def adds a smokey flavor.
Crossfit news: I ripped my hand doing kipping pull-ups the other night. I learned how to kip a little better though at least.
In other news, me and Hurlwon found a new nap spot. If you’ve seen the new trending hashtag #theoandbeau – it’s a cute toddler & puppy napping together. Facebook newsfeed is all about them right now. I think they TOTALLY stole me and HURLS’ thunder & our nappy thing. We (#catwonandhurlwon) take naps everyday. I guess two gigantic uncute massive bodies sleeping together aren’t as cute as a puppy and a toddler..
I dunno.. what do YOU think?!