It’s easy to get tired of sweet pots after eating Paleo for a while. If you’re not tired of them yet, it’s a good idea to mix things up a bit so you don’t get to that dark place.
Jicama scared me at first. I didn’t know what it was. I’m not gonna lie. I still don’t know what it is. It looks like a huge brown turnip or an obese yam. Or a large brown rock. #iono
It also has a weird texture. And no taste. It’s pretty damn weird ok? I’ve seen a ton of baked jicama recipes and I thought I’d try one for myself.
- 1 rock, I mean, jicama
- 1-2 tbsp ghee/coconut oil
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
- sea salt
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- cut jicama ends/tips off
- peel jicama (if you can. It was way too hard for me to peel with a peeler so I ended up shaving mine with a knife)
- slice jicama into desired fry thickness (I would go thinner to let them crisp up easier)
- melt 1-2 tbsp ghee/coconut oil
- place sliced jicama in bowl & coat fries with melted ghee/coconut oil
- sprinkle smoked paprika, cumin, black pepper & sea salt
- place jicama slices onto a baking sheet
- bake for 40-45 min
- flip half way through
I took my babe to an off leash dog park yesterday. Dogs love this park because they can run around freely & even jump into the water. Hurls is totally a sweetheart, to humans. However, he isn’t too fond of other dogs. I wish he’d get along with them because he’s pretty much an indoor dog and he’s so lazy that I struggle to find things for him to do to keep him active. Ya know, I’m tryna keep his slim body healthy..
I was with pretty much with the most popular dog in the dog park. He was turning heads left and right with his fashion-forward baseball cap (that was hanging onto dear life bc he’s too fat)
The first 20 minutes were really fun and he was struttin’ his stuff. Buttttttttttttt, since my babe is so lazy, he quickly gave up on life and it took 2 hours to walk a 1 mile roundtrip.
Well, at least my brother and I got some exercise in. :)