I’ve had trouble staying on track in the last few weeks. I’ve been busy at work & my best friend got married! So plenty to keep me busy and in the midst of all the craziness I put food prep, working out and making good food choices last on my list of priorities. I’m slowly turning things back around and finding my groove again. I just have to remind myself not to get stuck in these little ruts and pick myself up out of them.
My best friend, Sandy, looked amazing at her beautiful country style wedding :)
Here was my breakfast on the day of the wedding:
I came back in the middle of the night from helping set up for the wedding and my sister had left a little surprise for me on the nightstand. Is.She.The.Best.Or.What?!
I felt like a juicy burger the other night so I made this baby for dinner.
- 1/2 lb ground beef (makes 2 patties)
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 6 kalamata olives, chopped
- portobello mushroom stem, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- black pepper
- sea salt
- baby kale
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- white button mushrooms
- red onion
Burger Patties Directions:
- pan-fry chopped onions, olives & the chopped portobello mushroom stem in some ghee/coconut oil
- remove from heat; mix in cooked onions & chopped mushies into raw meat mixture in a bowl
- add an egg
- add sea salt & pepper
- mix together with hands
- shape 2 patties
- pan-fry in ghee
- saute white button mushrooms in ghee/coconut oil, remove from stove
- saute red bells quickly in ghee, remove from stove
- sear portobello mushroom in ghee, crack black pepper & sprinkle sea salt on the portobello
- use your cooked portobello mushie as the bun
- top with a beef patty
- top with baby kale, red bells (cooked or raw), white mushies, red onions, pepper & salt
- i also made a little side salad with baby kale, grape tomatoes, red onions, truffle oil, salt and pepper
Baked Sweet Pot Slices:
I don’t call these “fries” here bc these are baked, soft and kind of soggy. They aren’t crispy. I like them this way.
- Peel, slice, bake for 30 min @ 400 degrees
Since I had an extra patty leftover, I tore it up and topped my salad with it for work the next day. It made a yummy burger salad.