I’ve been on a food-prepping frenzy for the past few days! I made some bacon/chicken, spinach, tomato & sweet pot egg muffins. Recipes are all over my blog. Here’s one, and another. Oh, one more. Oops, I lied. Here you go again.
CliffsNotes: 22-24 minutes at 350 degrees
ME LIKE BARS
Reminder that Me Like bars are 15% off with code “paleocatwon” and your last day is TOMORROW! Better get them right meow! I wrote a review on them last week right here.
PALEO COFFEE ICE CREAM
My brotato, Steven, bought me an ice cream maker for Christmas. I always did like that kid.. As selfish as that gift was, since I know he only bought it for me so that he could eat ice cream, I still love it. This is my second time using it since December and I thought I’d try my hand at Paleo Coffee Ice Cream.
Recipe adapted from Primal Palate’s coffee ice cream recipe here.
SERVINGS: 1 pint-ish; 2 servings (I mean but seriously though.. more like 1 serving. I mean, c’mon. C’mon really? You’re not gonna share. So more like 1/2 of a serving if we’re going to be realistic here)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (14-16 oz)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp decaffeinated instant coffee
- 15 whole coffee beans, ground or crushed with a mortar & pestle
- Combine all in saucepan, mix well
- Bring to a boil
- Remove from heat, let cool
- You can strain this mixture if you don’t like coffee bean bits but if you don’t mind eating them and prefer the crunch, do not strain. I didn’t. :)
- Place in container & refrigerate for 2 hours
- Place mixture into ice cream maker & follow your ice cream maker’s instructions
- I lost my instructions, so I let it run until the desired consistency was reached: approx. 15 minutes
- Enjoy right away if you prefer a softer fro-yo consistency
- Place in freezer for several hours for a firmer ice cream consistency
Oh, and if you like fudge… haha wait, that was a stupid sentence.. OF COURSE YOU LIKE FUDGE. So, since you like fudge, you could melt some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (gluten, dairy, nut & soy free) on the stove with a little ghee & almond milk for some fudgey goodness. You can also drizzle fudge into your ice cream maker about 10 minutes into the process to get fudge swirls in your coffee ice cream. Or you can be like me and just eat it out of the pot with a spoon while you cry sweet tears of joy. :)
MEME OF THE DAY
This is you after you eat this ice cream. Sorry, I got that mixed up. That was me. That was me after I ate this ice cream.
Hurls: “Hey mom, do you want to play tug of war with me? No? Okay. I’m just going to smash this rope against your body until you get so annoyed that you pull it from me and throw it across the room.”