I’ve mentioned these lovely ladies before, but if you missed it, Clare & Tonja over at Flame to Fork, started a paleo movement a long time ago on their Insta: flame to fork IG. It was a reoccurring fancy-pants meal of theirs. Now it’s totally a thing. (Check out the IG hashtag #hotdogasthebun)
And it’s REALLY easy.
- Pan fry your dog or sauseeej in some oil/fat/butter. (I like OMGhee or Nutiva coconut oil)
- Cut a slit in your sauseej so that it opens up like a maxi pad with wings. #Lolz
- OR cut the slit first, then pan fry your dog open faced down so you’ve got a nice crisp going on all sides. (If you’re going to do all that, #DAMNgina, ya fancy ass can wear a bow-tie or an evening gown while you’re cooking)
- Add whatever you would on your normal hot dog or get creative. There’s SO MUCH you can do here:
- Sauerkraut (I like Bubbies brand. I find this at Whole Foods and many supermarkets such as Safeway or Luckys. Kraut is also a great source of probiotics. #healthygut)
- Pickles (Bubbies is my fav)
- Bacon #MeatInMeat
- Cole slaw
- Hot peppers
- Bell peppers & onions
- Shredded carrots
- Raw or wilted spinach
- Dijon/Horseradish mustard (I like Annie’s Horseradish Mustard – found everywhere!)
- Paleo Mayo (PrimalKitchen Paleo Mayo)
- Sugar-free hot sauce (I like Crystal or Valentina hot sauce)
- Tabasco sauce
- Ketchup (Paleo versions: Steve’s or Tessemae’s)
That’s it! Easy breezey Cover Girl.
MEME OF THE DAY
I hope my boss isn’t reading this….
(Greig, if you are reading this, then I am totally writing this post on a Saturday at 8 pm and not a Thursday at 10:43 am…)
Help…I’ve fallen, and I have no sense of urgency to get up.