CHICKEN SALAD, THE MAYO KIND
I signed up for Thrive Market. Have you heard of this website? Well you have now. Thrive Market is an online store that sells a lot of organic and natural products at wholesale prices – for a membership. I picked up a few jars of PrimalKitchen’s Paleo Mayo from Thrive and the first thing I wanted to try and make was Chicken Salad, the mayo kind. It’s often known as Waldorf Salad. Why? I have no idea. I guess I could Wikipedia it, but I’m not going to. All I know is that it’s like tuna salad, but with chicken, and some other stuff. I believe that’s the official scientific description for it… yeah.
- 1 12.5 oz can of chicken breast (Harvest Creek brand from Costco)
- 2 HB eggs
- 2-3 tbsp PrimalKitchen mayo (depending how mayo-y you like it)
- 1 celery stalk
- 5-6 kalamata olives
- 5-6 Bubbies pickles
- Half small green apple
- 1 tbsp horseradish mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basically just chop up the big things and mix everything together.
- Do you need me to repeat that in slow motion? I hope not.
- You can put your chicken salad on top of any greens, in lettuce wraps, in seaweed wraps or eat it on its own.
MEME OF THE DAY
You sense a theme?
Hurls just came back from the vet this past week and he’s got ALL sorts of problems. It’s rough being a bulldog. His ear infection is clearing up, but now he’s got an ulcer in his left eye and an infection on his bum. This baby’s going to get some special attention in the next few weeks for sure. <3